Celebrate New Year’s Eve with family and friends at one of Tauranga City Council’s free community celebrations. Enjoy live music, roving entertainment, food trucks, activities for the kids and a local MC to host.
The events will finish with fireworks at 9.30pm, except the Greerton celebration that will finish with a laser light show.
Five community celebrations, 6pm – 9.30pm
- Gordon Spratt Reserve – Papamoa
- The Waterfront – Tauranga City Centre
- Fergusson Park – Matua (accessible/low-sensory event from 5.30pm – 6pm)
- Tauranga Racecourse – Greerton (laser night show instead of fireworks, as horses are on site)
- Blake Park – Mount Maunganui
For those who experience sensory sensitivities and/or have accessibility requirements, the Matua celebration will also have an earlier celebration from 5.30pm – 6pm with limited sound and crowds.
Bring a picnic, sunscreen, water and have some fun bidding farewell to 2023!
These are alcohol and smoke free events, temporary and permanent liquor bans are in place in and around each site