Presented by Bay of Plenty Symphonia
Bay of Plenty Symphonia presents the finals concert of this year’s Rising Stars Concerto Competition for 12-18 year old students, conducted by Justus Rozemond.
The orchestra opens the concert with Bruckner’s Three Pieces for Orchestra.
Five talented young musicians from Bay of Plenty schools will then perform a movement from their chosen concertos, accompanied by the orchestra. The finalists and their chosen pieces are:
- Grace Tak (cello): Lalo - Concerto in D minor
- Hannah Seo (recorder): Vivaldi - Concerto in G, ‘La Notte’
- Hayden Butt (clarinet): Debussy - Premiere Rhapsodie
- Pilgyu Chang (piano): Chopin - Concerto no 1
- Yusuke Takahashi (double bass): Capuzzi - Concerto in D
The performances will be judged by a prestigious panel of nationally recognised professional musicians. While the judges deliberate, the 2019 Rising Stars winner, trombonist Leo Read, will perform Gaubert’s Morceau Symphonique.
Winners will be announced and prizes presented to conclude the evening’s entertainment.
- Adult $24.00
- Child (14 & Under) $2.00
- Concession (Senior & Unwaged) $22.00
- Friends of Baycourt $23.00
- Box Office Opens: 6:00pm
- Doors Open: 6:30pm
- Show Starts: 7:00pm
- Show Ends: 9:00pm
Times are approx. and subject to change at any time.