The job of the archaeologist is to unpick the evidence left behind, often buried, by people who have lived before us to understand the way they lived and when.” - Brigid Gallagher, MishMish Heritage
Visit Tauranga City Library and see archaeological finds that illustrate fascinating phases of the town’s history from Maori to British Imperial troops to colonial settlement. It even has a well-known local photographer in mix!
The exhibition will be on until the end of November 2020. Te hauora me te waiora (Health & Safety):
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- Please scan the contact tracing QR code on arrival
- Please wear a mask if you have one
- Please practice physical distancing (1 metre apart, sorry no hugging or shaking hands)
- Hand sanitiser will be available,
Thank you for helping us make this a safe place for all.
Photo credit: Fiona Kean.
Follow us on Facebook