The bad news: the amount of waste Kiwi’s send to landfills has increased by over 20% in the last three years. The good news: we can change this – and it’s easy!
Whether you have a big family, live by yourself, or are flatting, this workshop will equip you with the knowledge, strategies, and tools to significantly reduce your household’s waste production. What’s more is you’ll receive a free gift pack full of waste minimisation products to get you started straight away!
For over 10 years, Kate Meads has been working with councils to deliver waste minimisation workshops to thousands of Kiwis throughout the country. Her passion for spreading awareness of often-ignored waste issues is rooted in her belief that “if everyone did just one small thing for our environment every single day, we will start to make a difference that will count”.
Kate’s workshops are real, down-to-earth, and practical. She likes to have a laugh with the audience and ensure everyone knows that she’s not perfect, nor does she expect them to be! Any change in the right direction is a good change. Waste is a serious and sometimes overwhelming issue, but there’s no point in feeling defeated when there’s so much we can do to combat it.
“Attended a Waste Free Living talk of Kate’s and loved it! Kate made it interesting and fun and I have adopted a few of her suggestions quite easily into my lifestyle!.” - Lainie, a recent attendee.
- The ‘Individual’ Ticket admits one person and you receive one free pack of waste minimisation products.
- The ‘Couples’ Ticket admits two people to the workshop and you will receive one free pack. So, if you’d like to get a pack each, make sure to book individual tickets.
- There are limited spaces and packs available.
- There’s no need to print off your ticket(s) – we can scan them straight from your smartphone/device as you arrive at the workshop.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the workshop start time to collect your free pack and find a seat.
Join the event on Facebook