The Healthvision Festival of Disability Sport is for anyone who has a physical disability and is keen to get active. Come along, bring your whanau, and check out what opportunities there are and have a go at different sports.
Our Festival Ambassador, Amanda Lowry, says "Sport gives me and my family a big life. It helps us make a new normal." Over the two days there will be a high caliber of competition in Wheelchair Rugby, Wheelchair Basketball and Powerchair Football, all three sports will be great to watch! What else is on offer?
- Sign up to try sailing (Sailability), a sport which is widely accessible.
- An open blind lawn bowls tournament. Lead in sessions are available if you wish to join the competition.
- There will be intro sessions for range of blind + low vision sports.
- An open boccia competition for all abilities, with lead in sessions available to learn the game or brush up on your skills.
- Have a go at wheelchair basketball. A youth competition between Bay of Plenty, Waikato and Gisborne for ages 8-21 years.
If your child would like to participate, please contact your regional Parafed. On Saturday 28th March, we will be hosting an awards evening (ticketed event) to recognise outstanding achievements, performance and service in a festival sporting code. The festival is free to attend and have a go. We encourage anyone with a physical disability to come down and see what's available. If you're interested in any of the above or would like to join a lead in session, please email Festival@parafedbop.co.nz.
Check out our Facebook and Instagram.