Ensuring your safety over summer in Tauranga is priority number one for the city. Your summer holidays are one of the most exciting times of the year. Not only for you, but also for your friends, families and new to be mates.
The early stage of the evening isn’t just about having a few drinks at home. It’s time to get prepared!
Here are some tips for watching out for your mates and making sure your night goes off without too many hitches.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged before you head out.
- Eat before you start drinking. It’ll give you that little bit more stamina to make it gracefully through those last songs.
- Know how you're getting home. Taxi, walking bus, sober driver, the possibilities are endless — just don’t leave it up to chance.
Find all travel options
- Make sure you’ve got your ID – no ID, no entry.
- Always take some cash or an eftpos card just in case. You never know when you might need a bus fare... or a cheeseburger!