The event will be opened by Tauranga Mayor Greg Brownless and a Brass Band will play. Teams are is still invited to register.
Rules for the players
- Professional referees for each game will be provided.
- New Zealand Football Rules apply.
- The winning team will be eligible to compete at the National Finals of the New Zealand Communities Football Cup.
- Five-a-side, maximum of eight registered players per team
- Minimum age 16 years.
- 20 teams in four pools of five teams.
- Rolling substitutions
- Five-a-side rules apply.
Pool play: 10 minutes each way (no half-time break). At the end of pool play points will be tallied:
- Win – 3 points
- Draw – 1 point
The top team from each pool goes forward to semi-finals, 12.5 minutes each way (no half-time break).
The two winning teams proceed to the finals. There will be a final play-off for 3rd and 4th placing. 12.5 minutes each way (no half-time break).